4:22 PM

Don't mix the wrong fish


New fishkeepers tend to want a large variety of colourful, different looking fish, but not everything in the shops will be suitable.

Choose a good aquatic shop with informative labels and always ask for advice. Write down the make and model of your tank, and how many litres or gallons it holds.

Do your own research as well as asking advice from retailers. Read books and PFK to give you an idea of the sort of fish you wish to keep, and try the hardiest fish first.

Don’t be tempted by juveniles of big fish. If your tank won’t house them at an adult size, don’t buy them.

Aim to keep community fish first, as these often stay small, and are easy to keep. Non-community fish may be large, predatory, aggressive, or all three, and are not good for beginners.

A community of small fish offers you the most choice, and you will be able to fit more of them in your tank than any other fish.

9 comments:

Maolodeen said... @ January 2, 2010 at 6:39 AM

thanks for the informations

elmadjid
http://nggonuden.blogspot.com/

Shaq Derri said... @ May 31, 2010 at 8:18 PM

that is a good informations.....
see my blog too....ok.....
www.shaqlord.blogspot.com

Unknown said... @ August 13, 2010 at 4:05 AM

WOW nice article Dude "))
-----------------------------------
Here is my New blog please Visit

http://samzhome.blogspot.com

isp101 said... @ April 5, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I agree, I could remember when I was still young. I mixed my fighting fish with my male and female guppie, and the next morning, I found most of my guppies floating dead! =(

Unknown said... @ June 1, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Thank you for another essential article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information.

LSBF agent in Karachi | Study in UK

Unknown said... @ June 8, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

UK Education Consultants

Kaneko said... @ January 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

thanks for your blog! very interesting :)

ben268 said... @ February 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

This really goes for any group of animals. I know someone that mixed a gerbil and a hamster... the hamster killed the gerbil

Black Smith said... @ June 22, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here
Surgical instruments
Dental Instruments
Beauty instruments

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads